Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 1 and we blew it

Ok so I told you guys we were going vegetarian for a while. Yesterday was day one and we both blew it! Here's how:

Paulie calls me at around noon and he's a little upset because they had company evaluations and they didn't go well. Everyone got crappy evals, too. I don't really agree with how this was done because how can you evaluate someone when you don't even work in the shop with them on a day to day basis? Oh, well. A little while later Paulie texts me that he was so upset he already had a burger. One down, one to go.

Before we closed for break at 2pm, Manny, one of the appetizer chefs, told me they were making chicken katsu for dinner. This has been one of my favorite things to eat at Kyoto forever. It's just a piece of chicken breaded and fried, but you put katsu sauce on it and it is awesome! By dinner time Manny had reminded me about 5 times to not forget about the katsu. I finally decided to eat the katsu to not hurt his feelings. While I was eating, Stacey was like "Margary killed a chicken."

But I redeemed my slacker husband and I with the beautiful vegetarian pizza I made after work.



I used fresh mushrooms and veggies sausage crumbles so it would be more appealing to Paulie. And you know what? They taste like sausage without the greasy nasty feeling you get afterwards. We both enjoyed it and Paulie even admitted he'd eat it again. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A crafty girl who loves her tattoo artist(so much she married him!), the Misfits, and dancing to Lady Gaga when no one is looking.