Saturday, March 12, 2011

And now for something completely different!

Happy almost St. Patrick's Day, everyone! I won't be celebrating this year because we will be participating in that chaos we call moving. (Although we did see the Ocean View parade this morning and there are currently about 5 billion wasted individuals within a 5 mile radius around my house)

Yes, you read that correctly. We are finally MOVING! No more nightmare house! No more of my husband having to shower in sewage (I was lucky enough to use my parents shower). No more having to wait 3 weeks for the landlord to send someone to fix the pipes/lights/rodent problems that kept popping up in this 100 year old house. No more parallel parking! No more having to wonder if I'm going to be robbed or shot while walking to my house. All of these things happenned at some point over the year and a half we lived here. Some people have this great pride for living in OV...I say good riddance!

On a more positive note, our new house is awesome! It's a townhouse near Indian River Rd. in Virginia Beach. It has a full bath and master bedroom downstairs and a full bath, one bedroom, and one loft/office area upstairs. It has a cathedral ceiling and a view of the lake from the backyard. Best of all it has a WASHER and DRYER! I hate the laundromat! The ladlord seems cool and I'm hoping he'll let us plant a vegetable garden. I'll definitely post pics as soon as we're settled.

Now I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. We move on the 20th which is one week from tomorrow. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A crafty girl who loves her tattoo artist(so much she married him!), the Misfits, and dancing to Lady Gaga when no one is looking.